Here are some highlights, for just that one day, in the state of Missouri:
2,163 Victims Served in One Day
- 1,392 domestic violence victims (679 children and 713 adults) found refuge in emergency shelters or transitional housing provided by local domestic violence programs.
- 771 adults and children received non-residential assistance and services, including counseling, legal advocacy, and children’s support groups
- 20,267 Hotline Calls Answered
- Individual Support or Advocacy 95%
- Emergency Shelter 77%
- Children’s Support or Advocacy 77%
- Transportation 69%
- Group Support or Advocacy 52%
- Advocacy Related to Public Benefits/TANF/Welfare 48%
- Advocacy Related to Mental Health 45%
- Court Advocacy/Legal Accompaniment 43%
The full 2013 National Domestic Violence Counts Report is available here Full Report (PDF, 16 pages) and the Missouri summary is available here Missouri Report (PDF, 1page).