Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanksgiving














It is Thanksgiving already. It's hard to believe that time has gone by so fast. I know as you get older it goes faster and for me this is so true. I've been making it a practice to acknowledge all of the blessings that I have in my life and to be more aware of all that I have to be thankful for, both big and small. I am truly blessed with family, friends, co-workers and supporters of Hope House. 

My good friend and colleague who runs another domestic violence program just lost her husband after a fierce battle with cancer. My heart hurts for her and her family as they struggle this Thanksgiving with their husband, father and grandfather not being with them. I know her and she will remain grateful for all of the support that she has and for the prayers she has coming her way. She will find a way to be positive and supportive of others even as she walks through her own path of grieving. She is an amazing woman—one I am so proud to know and call my friend. I am thankful for her friendship and the guidance she gave to me as I took on the role of CEO of Hope House. She understands and lives every day the true meaning of Thanksgiving and my prayers will be with her today and throughout this holiday season.

I know many supporters of Hope House are facing challenges this year. I am approaching this Thanksgiving with a heightened sense of gratitude for all that I and Hope House have been given. I will continue to hold those who are struggling in the light and pray for a sense of peace and comfort for them.

I am truly thankful to everyone who helps make Hope House a beacon of hope for thousands of people every year. I wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment